Annual report 2011 Dutch Electoral Council
In 2011, four elections were held, namely: provincial council elections, elections to the island councils of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, elections to the Senate and municipal redivision elections for the new municipality of Hollands Kroon.
In 2011, the Electoral Council made five recommendations:
- recommendation on the right to stand for election
- recommendation on changing the models pertaining to the Electoral Act and the Electoral Decree in connection with the Act of 2010 amending deficiencies in statutory provisions with respect to the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations
- recommendation on the bill to hold indirect water authority elections
- recommendation following the 2011 elections
- recommendation on amending the Electoral Act (1st tranche)